When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, there is no procedure as impactful as the Same Day Teeth procedure. The results are beautiful and life changing, to say the least. Any missing teeth or other imperfections you have in the beginning of the day will not be there by the end. You get a functioning, ideal smile in just one day.
What Is Same Day Teeth?
‘Same Day Teeth’ is a technique for people with missing or failing teeth and usually refers to a new fixed complete set of teeth on dental implants. This is a great option for people who are already wearing dentures or are losing their teeth due to disease and breakdown. The idea being to provide the patient with a new ‘fixed’ set of teeth (either bridgework or a fixed denture) are screwed onto dental implants which have been placed on the very same day. Initially these are a provisional set of teeth that look and feel great and are then replaced with a more permanent set some months later.
The ‘same day’ concept can also be used for a single tooth or a few teeth in some cases, but more commonly relates to a complete jaw or set. It can be done using the ‘All on 4 implants’ technique or with 6-8 or more implants in each jaw depending on the needs of the case and on whether a fixed denture or fixed dental crowns and bridges are desired. All on 4 implants are a quick, safe and cost-effective dental treatment for anyone whose self-confidence and quality of life are affected by missing teeth. All on 4 implants even work in people who have a lack of bone although some bone rebuilding is sometimes necessary.
Criteria For Getting New Teeth In A Day
Patients treated with the technique and therefore included in the retrospective analysis met the following criteria:
- Jaw Bone profile for the placement of atleast 4 implants of 10mm in length in either healed or immediate extraction sites.
- Good general health with acceptable oral hygiene.
- Implants achieved stability at insertion.
So What’s Involved?
Your first step in the procedure will be a consultation with your Indianapolis Oral Surgeon Dr. Falender. During this consultation they will examine your mouth and do a CT scan. This scan lets them assess your suitability for implants. They can check your existing jaw bone density to determine precisely where the implants should be inserted. Your oral surgeon should also discuss alternative treatment options with you before you commit to anything.
If you are a suitable candidate and decide to go ahead, the next step will be dental impressions. These are sent to a lab where your new dental bridge is designed to fit and look just like natural teeth. Your Oral Surgeon may also take some x-rays to help with planning your treatment.
If you need to have teeth extracted before your implants are inserted, this can usually be done on the same day.
The overdenture is permanently fixed to the implants. Your dentist or oral surgeon will probably offer you a sedative to help you relax during the procedure. Then they will anaesthetise you so you don’t feel any pain. If you would prefer to have a general anaesthetic for your All-on-4 treatment, ask your dentist about this at your initial consultation.
After any remaining teeth are extracted your mouth will be thoroughly cleaned to remove any damaged tissue and bacteria. The dentist drills two or more holes at the front of your jaw to hold the front implants. Two holes at the rear – one on each side – are angled to offer greater support to the rear of the dental bridge.
Once the implants are placed, your mouth is cleaned again and any incisions are stitched up. It’s common for dentists to use dissolvable stitches which disappear after a week or two. Either the same day or the following day you’ll be fitted with your new teeth. Some dentists create a temporary overdenture at this stage which is then replaced a few months later. This is often made from resin – a lighter but less durable material – which puts less pressure on your implants while they heal.
Patients usually experience some bruising, swelling and general discomfort in the days after their surgery. You’ll probably want to take a couple of days off work to recover fully and get used to your new teeth. It will be a while before you can eat apples again.
Your Oral Surgeon will advise you on the type of foods you can and cannot eat in the months after your treatment. For the first few months you’ll probably have to stick to very soft foods so you don’t disturb the process of the implants fusing with your bone. You might also be advised to avoid things like smoking and heavy exercise for a while.
These implants are cleaned just like your normal teeth – by brushing once a day. Your oral surgeon will also show you how to floss with special tools. You might want to invest in a water flosser with special attachments designed to clean around implants.
Benefits Of Getting All-On-4 Implants Indianapolis
- Get Immediate Results : With as few as four dental implants, you can replace your dentures and have a permanent implant-supported bridge in as little as one day. Experience a dramatic improvement in chewing ability, teeth stability and overall comfort right away.
- Improve Your Appearance : The All-on-4 procedure takes 20 years off of your smile! The procedure helps preserve the jawbone and prevent further deterioration of the facial structure associated with missing teeth and a lack of the root system that supports them. Dental implants decrease wrinkles caused by missing bone and tooth structure, which helps you look younger!
- Eat What you Want, When You Want, Where You Want : Your overall eating habits will improve with the All-on-4 procedure. You’ll be able to enjoy your favorite foods again, instead of avoiding them in public or at home.
- Get a Long-Lasting Smile : The All-on-4 dental implant procedure creates a permanent set of teeth with a non-removable implant-supported retained dental bridge. Your dental implants never have to be removed, and your teeth can last a lifetime.
- Enhance Your Overall Quality of Life : With All-on-4 dental implants, your new teeth will feel and function just like real teeth. You’ll have greater comfort and confidence when smiling, speaking, and eating. Overall you’ll look better, feel better, and have a renewed outlook on life.
- Eliminate Health Issues Associated with Failing and Missing Teeth : The All-on-4 dental implant procedure helps create a healthier mouth and a healthier body by helping reduce the chance for periodontal disease, a bacterially-induced chronic infection and inflammatory disease. Periodontal disease has been linked to heart attacks, strokes, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes and other chronic diseases. Because dental implants restore your mouth to a more natural state, they may help fend off periodontal disease. With routine brushing and flossing, dental implants help enhance your overall health.
- Easily Care for Your Teeth : Another All-on-4 implants benefit is ease of care. With daily brushing and flossing, as well as regular visits to your Dental Associates hygienist and dentist, your new teeth will stay clean and healthy.
Get Same Day Teeth At Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center, Indianapolis, IN
We value your trust in us as part of your family’s total healthcare team and look forward to getting to know each of you as the wonderfully unique individual that you are. Each one of us loves what we do and we believe at Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center that it shows in the quality of our work and our patient interactions and it is one of the reasons why Indianapolis Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center is the clear choice for the dental patients in the surrounding neighborhood.
We hope that each of our patient has a happy and healthy smile makeover and that means protecting your teeth and your oral health. We care for your smile and to have a detailed understanding regarding your oral care, you can always schedule a consultation with our staff at 1320 N. Post Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46219 or by calling us at (317) 900-4535.
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Falender contact our Indianapolis, IN, dental office today by calling (317) 900-4535. Our office welcomes patients in and around Indianapolis, IN, including Fishers, Lawrence, Greenfield, and the surrounding Southern Indianapolis communities.